As the architects for the experience age, Tahzoo crafts memorable moments for our clients’ customers. We’re in the relationship business — solving customer experience problems for Fortune 500 companies around the globe. With deep technology chops and all the marketing, data, design and content skills you can imagine, we help our clients grow closer to their customers every day.
In the Tahzoo world, ideas, innovation and experiences matter and shoes are optional. There's no manual for what we do. We look for visionaries who can execute bold dreams. Our hiring philosophy is simple… smart and happy. It's not just a tag line. It's the fiber of our culture. Writing the book as we go, we offer a unique career journey. With global presence and offices that scream innovation we offer the rare opportunity to help leading brands across industries solve complex challenges.
What you'll be doing:
The role of Senior Controller is not only about managing the books, it’s about providing guidance and recommendations for improving the bottom line while pushing the envelope with exciting innovation. This role will report directly to the CEO and will be responsible for leading cash management, payroll, invoicing and financial communications, risk management, and deal economics.
To be successful in this key role, you will be extremely self-motivated, with unquestionable diagnostic horsepower, being able to rapidly identify priorities and translate business performance with precision and opinions for improvements.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a consulting or professional services environments. Our client engagements include firm fixed price, time and materials and retainer based models so a deep understanding on the dynamics and elements of these types of projects is critical. You will work diligently with all of the leaders of the business to determine forecasts, recommendations and performance.
Controller Job Duties:
· Manage communications between all internal and external parties.
· Prepare consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
· Drive the planning process, providing analytics of consolidated figures, and risk and opportunity analysis; implement and manage models for the development of the annual operating plan and monthly forecasts.
· Communicate and negotiate with vendors to drive down unnecessary costs.
· Review and analyze internal financial data to identify issues, opportunities and trends to provide senior leaders with financial analysis input that will drive decision making including project profitability, productivity analysis, and return on investment.
· Install and maintain a proper control environment and culture to limit business risk and exposures.
· Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls
· Work closely with the President and Chief Client Officer to understand revenue forecasting and resource planning.
· Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
· Develop and implement accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
· Provide accounting support for mergers and acquisitions by reviewing financial information; converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.
· Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Skills and Qualifications:
· 8-10 years of related experience with success in a professional services and or consulting environment
· Excellent communication skills
· Exceptional problem solving abilities
· ‘Glass half full’ personality who takes challenges in stride
· Extreme attention to detail
· Demonstrated strength in accounting and reporting
· Established analytical, forecasting and financial modelling skills, with the ability to translate complex situations into information that will support the profitability and growth of the business is required
· Strong financial analysis experience with the ability to make recommendations to support development of the company’s overall business strategy
· Robust management and employee development skills
· Advanced Excel expertise required
· Sell starter, self-motivated with the ability to work independently
· Strength in the development and tracking of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and related operational analysis
If this appeals to your sense of entrepreneurial spirit we'd love to hear from you.
Tahzoo is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TODAYcareers@tahzoo.com