Senior DITA Content Architect
Location:Washington DC, Seattle, Phoenix SoCal
The Content Team at Tahzoo is looking for a lover of content, a strategic thinker who understands the content needs and models of today’s enterprise. This role is based in Washington DC.
As a DITA Content Architect at Tahzoo, you would be engaged with our Fortune 500 clients around their content needs at every level and serve as the liaison between Tahzoo clients and our technology team. A working knowledge of CMS systems, especially SiteCore, Adobe and SDL Tridion, is definitely a plus.
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE DEMONSTRATED DITA AND TECHNICAL CONTENT ARCHITECTURE EXPERIENCE THERE IS NO NEED TO APPLY.
We’re seeking a person with strong client-facing skills, comfortable presenting the board room and strong problem-solving capabilities. Someone who’s not afraid to dig deep into content types and create detailed content models. To get up on the white board in a client meeting to help the team think through content strategies and work flow issues.
- Develop, extend, and lead a content architecture capability responsible for the continued maintenance and refinement of Tahzoo’s DITA implementation, including content models, templates, usage guidelines, training, and content architecture review and change control processes.
- Lead an Agile-based, Dev-Ops-style content engineering team that
- Configures and maintains our authoring, content quality, and content management tools
- Builds our DITA-based content and publishes it to SDL Docs and Sites initiatives.
- Configures, enhances, tests, monitors, and maintains the documentation site
- Recommend and oversee execution of technology stack/tools implementations or enhancements (e.g., CCMS implementation).
- Manage external vendor relations with tool and service providers.
- Work with Product Content localization lead, content engineering team, and enterprise Internationalization team to develop mature round-trip processes for moving content through localization workflow.
- Develop delivery channel requirements to improve the presentation and findability of information and improve user experience.
- Work with product engineering to develop content management, delivery, and publishing processes to support new in-product content delivery channels.
- Work with internal federated search and information architecture/taxonomy groups to align with enterprise systems and standards and to facilitate/optimize the discoverability of product documentation in other channels.
- Collaborate with other content-creating groups on aspects of enterprise content strategy, including content management, reuse, cross-linking, and governance strategies.
- Drive awareness of product documentation content strategy.
- Stay abreast of industry trends in content engineering and tools, content management, content delivery, and the user experience of information and provide thought leadership on integrating new approaches as appropriate.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- At least 10 years of experience in information development (product documentation) across many industries with at least 5 years of direct responsibility for content architecture.
- At least 7 years of DITA experience, including responsibility for defining and enforcing usage guidelines, information types, templates.
- At least 5 years managing or leading content- or technology-related teams.
- Experience driving content transformation and/or technology change initiatives.
- Proven success collaborating across multiple teams and functions.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with your peer group and lead by influence.
- Experience working with globally distributed and diverse teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Established track record of providing exemplary levels of service to peers, colleagues, and customers.
- History of building strong relationships across organizations and with clients.
- Demonstrated skill in mentoring and coaching and the ability to interact and collaborate with colleagues at all technical & business levels.
- Dynamic, energetic, motivated, positive outlook with the ability to prioritize responsibilities.