Cloud Solution Architect
Richmond, VA / Washington, DC / Manchester, U.K. Offices
As the architects for the experience age, Tahzoo crafts memorable moments for our clients’ customers. We’re in the relationship business - solving customer experience problems for Fortune 500 companies around the globe. With deep technology chops and all the marketing, data, design and content skills you can imagine, we help our clients grow closer to their customers every day.
We want your career at Tahzoo to be equally inspiring – transformative, even. We’re not only committed to client success; a company worth caring about comes from an equal commitment to caring for employees. We believe that the strength and quality of those relationships propel us forward, as a team, and as individuals. You’re invited to work alongside other ‘smart and happy’ professionals as you serve as a change agent at one of the fastest growing companies in the US.
Join us in changing the world, one experience at a time.
About this position:
The Cloud Solution Architect is a technical, customer facing role accountable for designing and leading complex cloud deployments which meet Fortune 500 companies business and technical objectives. The ideal candidate has deep and proven experience with Cloud Technologies including AWS, Azure, hybrid architectures, and virtualization, plus network, storage, and compute stacks. Your role will be key senior position on the Tahzoo Production Systems Team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead solution architecture customer engagements including design sessions and Cloud services specification
- Lead and manage Cloud service deployments for projects and/or Proofs of Concept (POCs).
- Lead or participate on Cloud technology research, development, and feasibility assessments leading to intellectual property and new Cloud services.
- Ensure solution architectures meet customer Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Support Presale and Sale activities with Cloud service costs and efforts to deliver
- Review and consult on service levels (KPIs) and design and direct efforts to improve or optimize service levels and service costs
- Assess solution architecture design and deployment risks and lead collaboration activities to identify and mitigate risks.
- Consult with customers on Cloud Service Requests and Change of Service Requests.
- Create, revise, and approve solution architecture design documents and deployment best practices.
- Mitigate service delivery issues, restoration of service issues, and escalation with internal or external technical subject Management Experts (SME).
- Own the technical relationship with public and private Cloud vendors and ancillary Cloud service providers
- Own the technical relationship with third party software vendors for Cloud deployed software solutions.
- Form strong relationships with the Account Team and Service Delivery Managers, building an understanding of customer requirements and business drivers including implementation of IT Service Catalog Services and strategies.
- Collaborate and develop deep relationships with the Product Owner/Business Sponsor /IT Directors on product strategy and vision, and provide feedback on Product Backlog content and prioritization.
- Follow key market trends while gaining and sharing competitive insights.
- Design and or coach team members on training objectives and achieving Cloud technical certifications
- 5+ years of deep technical experience with Cloud Technologies including AWS, Azure, and hybrid Cloud architectures
- 5+ years of consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects
- 5+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications
- 3+ years of experience migrating on premise workloads to the cloud
- 2+ years of experience with digital Content Management, Product information, and Data Management software solutions and supporting infrastructure.
- Proven experience design and implementing highly available, scalable, and geographically distributed Cloud Solutions
- Working knowledge with AGILE development, SCRUM and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) with one or more of the following programming languages: .NET, C++, Java, JSON, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby on Rails
- Experience developing PowerShell scripts, Runbooks, and working with container objects.
- Experience with database technologies and writing database scripts
- Experience establishing Directory Trusts and Virtual Private Networks with on premise and private Cloud infrastructures.
- Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends. Familiar with machine learning, data analytics, and Internet of things
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior executives in large or highly strategic accounts
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through.
- Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external Subject Matter Experts
- Project/Program Management experience desired
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation desired
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work independently and to manage competing priorities.
- Willingness to travel periodically.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent certifications or experience. AWS or Azure Professional Solution Architect certification preferred.
What we offer:
- Benefits – Employer provided Healthcare, Dental/Vision, 401k, Commuter Benefits, Generous PTO Package, Flex Spending Account and more.
- Culture – We believe in hiring INTERESTING and PASSIONATE people who are interested in CHANGE.
Does this appeal to your sense of entrepreneurial spirit? Apply now!Careers
Tahzoo is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.